Simple solutions to attempt before calling American Air Conditioning for Repair Services.
If you experience any trouble with your air conditioning system, you may always call (808) 847-0851 or email for help and service. But here are a few simple solutions you can attempt before calling your expert Carrier dealer to your home for a service visit.
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the "cool" position.
- Ensure that your outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running:
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Are they in the "On" position?
- Check the outdoor unit "disconnect switch" to make sure it is in the "ON" position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit. (Typically a grey 8" wide x 16" high x 4" deep box mounted to the wall).
- An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Your filter should be changed every month.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
- Check all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air. (The return air grilles are normally located on your walls and are wide and flat).
If these simple solutions do not solve your problem, contact American Air Conditioning Hawaii for service. Be sure to have your Brand and model number handy.
Before your expert dealer arrives at your home to service your air conditioning system, take a moment to make sure you're prepared for the appointment. That way, you can ensure American Air Conditioning's technician has all of the information he needs, and can get directly to work getting your cooling system into top-performing condition.
Here are a few things to do in preparation for your service appointment: