Today: 19, October 2017

Most Frequently Asked Questions

Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions.  If we do not address your questions here, please feel to email or call us at (808) 847-0851.

Consumer Energy Efficiency

Is there a tax credit for central air conditioners (CACs)?

Yes, central air conditioners can qualify for a tax credit

How much:

30% of the cost (including installation/labor costs), up to $1,500


Tax credit in effect in 2009 and 2010. Must be installed in your "principal residence" between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010.


Split Systems: SEER >= 16 & EER >=13 (What is SEER/EER?)

Package systems: SEER >= 14 & EER >= 12 (What is Split vs. Package?)

Important Note: It is likely that you will have to replace your furnace as well to get an air conditioner that qualifies.

The new air conditioner does not have to be replacing an old one to qualify.

Did you purchase an air conditioner between Jan 1 and Feb 17, 2009?

Find qualified models:

The best way to find tax credit eligible CACs is to ask your HVAC Contractor (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning). To verify tax credit eligibility, ask your HVAC contractor to provide the Manufacturer's Certification Statement for the equipment you plan to purchase. Or search the Manufacturer's website.

A user-friendly list of all tax credit eligible CACs does not exist.

How to apply:

File Tax Form 5695 with your tax return.

You must have a  Manufacturer's Certification Statement to qualify.

Back to FAQ list.

Home | Maintenance | Installation & Repair | Warranty | Products | FAQ | Pay Online | Contact Us | Resources | Site Map | What's New | Maintenance Guide |

© 2005. Created and maintained by WebPro Solutions Inc
This site is optimized for Netscape 5 and Internet Explorer 5 or higher. Please download an updated version now.