Today: 19, October 2017

Most Frequently Asked Questions

Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions.  If we do not address your questions here, please feel to email or call us at (808) 847-0851.

Consumer Energy Efficiency

Is there a tax credit for ductless central air conditioners (sometimes called mini splits) or ductless air source heat pumps?

Yes, ductless air conditioners and heat pumps (sometimes called mini-splits) can qualify for a tax credit.

How much:

30% of the cost (including installation/labor costs), up to $1,500


Tax credit in effect in 2009 and 2010. Must be installed in your principal residence between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010.


Ductless Air Conditioners: SEER >= 16 & EER >=13 (What is SEER/EER?)

Ductless Heat Pumps: SEER >= 15 & EER >= 12.5 & HSPF >= 8.5

The new air conditioner does not have to be replacing an old one to qualify.


Find qualified models:

Currently, no single-speed ductless products qualify for the tax credit, but some variable-speed systems do qualify. To find the list of variable-speed ductless air conditioners and heat pumps that qualify for the tax credit:

1. Go to the CEE-AHRI directory at:

2. Click on either "Find Variable-Speed Mini-Split and Multi-Split Air Conditioners" or "Find Variable-Speed Mini-Split and Multi-Split Heat Pumps"

3. Compare the performance of the products listed with the criteria above for qualifying models.

How to apply:

File Tax Form 5695 with your tax return.

You must have a Manufacturer's Certification Statement to qualify.

Back to FAQ list.

Home | Maintenance | Installation & Repair | Warranty | Products | FAQ | Pay Online | Contact Us | Resources | Site Map | What's New | Maintenance Guide |

© 2005. Created and maintained by WebPro Solutions Inc
This site is optimized for Netscape 5 and Internet Explorer 5 or higher. Please download an updated version now.