In addition to the routine maintenance that you perform, your home comfort system should be inspected regularly by a properly trained service technician. American Air Conditioning LLC Hawaii offers reduced rate with a service contract.
Preventive Maintenance Agreements (PMAs) are agreements between you and American Air Conditioning LLC Hawaii for scheduled inspections and maintenance of your air conditioning system.
PMAs are generally scheduled semi-annually to maintain peak efficiency, prevent utility overpayment, and avoid system failures through predictive maintenance that can help extend the life of your air conditioning system. Sometimes PMAs are also referred to as “planned maintenance agreements,” “start and checks,” or “preventative service agreements.” PMAs usually consist of fall and spring scheduled sessions for American Air Conditioning to go through your entire air conditioning system preparing it for the upcoming season in a proactive approach before system failure and prior to overpaying your utility company.
Your air conditioning system is most likely the single biggest use of energy in your home or place of business. In commercial applications where refrigeration is applied, huge amounts of energy are used in the building. In fact, over 1/3 of the energy used in the United States is used to cool buildings.
According to the Consortium of Energy Efficiency (CEE) up to 50% more energy can be saved with proper installation, sizing, and maintenance of commercial central air conditioning and heat pumps.
Out of Sight, NOT Out of Mind
The old but true cliché “out of sight, out of mind” is often the reason for neglected maintenance guidelines for your cooling system. Air conditioning systems are usually installed where they aren’t seen, such as on rooftops, or in mechanical rooms, making them easy to ignore. The systems are simply taken for granted, until they fail. Decreased efficiency, utility overpayment, discomfort, loss of productivity, eventual premature replacement, and higher repair costs are the result.
Just because your cooling system is out of sight, does not mean it can be neglected. Getting your air conditioning system checked twice annually is just as important as changing the oil in your car every 3,000 miles!
What should you expect your American Air Conditioning LLC Hawaii service technician to do during a Preventive Maintenance visit?
Your annual system inspection should include:
Routine inspections for air filter(s) with replacement or cleaning as required
Inspection and cleaning of the blower wheel housing and motor
Inspection and, if required, cleaning of indoor and outdoor coils
Inspection of the indoor coil drain pan, as well as the primary and secondary drain lines. If the system has an auxiliary drain pipe and line, they should be inspected at this time as well. Service should include cleaning if required
Check all electrical wiring and connections
Check for secure physical connections of individual parts in each unit
Inspect pumps, lubricate, and check flow rates where appropriate.
- Clean and lubricate motors as required.
- Examine belts, adjust and align as required.
- Operational check of the air conditioning system to determine actual working condition
- Check system functions, safety controls, and adjust the operating sequence where appropriate
Necessary repair and, or adjustment should be performed at this time.
(According to many equipment manufacturers, a 10% refrigerant loss will result in a 20% decrease in system efficiency!)
What is your bottom line?
- Savings: PMAs typically more than pay for themselves through higher efficiency, less utility overpayment, and contractor discounts. PMA customers typically receive a discount on all parts and services performed during the entire year.
- Peace of Mind: Predictive maintenance will mean fewer system failures and a longer life for your air conditioning equipment.
- Priority Service: Should a system failure occur during the heat of the summer or the cold of the winter, customers with PMAs generally receive priority service.
- Continuity: American Air Conditioning LLC Hawaii may be able to assign technicians to the specific customers. That way, you get to see and know the same service technician, and he or she becomes more familiar with you and your equipment.
Back to Maintenance & Repair